The Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund (also called as “APIASF”) is one of the largest non-profit universityscholarship provider located in the United States which opens a scholarship program that is meant to givestudent grants to the incoming college students with Asian and Pacific Islander culture.
The funding group moves with the aim of developing responsible and worthy future leaders who will be able to excel in their respected careers, serve as a good role model for their communities, and will be able to contribute for a better and greater America.
The provider pushes through their objectives by providing scholarships to promising college students. They create partnerships with other organizations so they will be able to provide financial and other resources aid.They also provide guidance to watch over the students’ academic growth. The organization allies themselves with multiple educational communities including accredited online universities and various colleges.
The scholarship helps achieve students’ study goals and eventually end up getting their dream job by awarding student grants ranging from $2,500 to $20,000 forthe aspiring students. The scholarship offers a great amount which is whythey evaluate their candidates strictly. Before allowing the candidates topass the necessary documents for their application, they should firstpossess the following qualities:
- Must be in need of great financial aidor having a low-income status
- Must be the first person in the applicant’s family to attend a college or a university
- Must be a representative of the Asian and Pacific Islander community’s geography, ethnicity, and diversity
- Must have a good background in leadership and community service
- Must have a remarkable academic achievement
- Must live in a community in which the college or university education is underrated or limited
Aside from the given qualities needed, the candidate must be able to comply with the following requirements listed:
- Submit an online letter of recommendation
- Must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.7 or higher
- Must apply for federal financial aid by using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must be enrolling in an accredited online university or offline university in the U.S
- Must be of Asian and/or Pacific ethnicity
The application for the program’s General Scholarships will be open on September 21, 2017, and will close on January 11, 2018. More information about the organization’s scholarship program and application can be found on their website.